Saturday, June 2, 2012

Not Quite Suicide Girls

The mayor drove the car
Almost instinctively describing his preferences
For a club he invented
With a friend he no longer spoke too.

They must not look like girls that
Are going to kill themselves
But must not just be attractive
They need a little "daddy-issue" thrown in there.

I wondered why he was lying to us.
If he had told that to his girlfriend, I would understand.
But why us....we knew
He wanted a girl on the edge of a bridge
Like him endlessly falling.
He didn't want a dirt blonde with a huge tattoo on her back.

The status quo he himself doesn't respect.
I mentioned nothing to his face.
Not only because I wanted to hear what he would say.
But because I needed material for a poem
And poetry is better for social criticism anyway.

For the record people who run sex themed establishments.
Are not particularly choosy on their tools
They care only  about money
Stanley Kuprick's notes on the female form elude them.

1 comment: